PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To PPL or not?
Thread: To PPL or not?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2012, 09:47
bradderz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To PPL or not?

Hi,

After hours of trawling the web, I've finally found a forum that looks really good and hopefully you can help me on my journey as an aspiring pilot.

My name is Brad, and at the tender age of 18 I'm looking to pursue my dream of becoming a commercial pilot (like everyone I know). I was hoping that the people of PPrune would be able to advise me taking into consideration my current situation?

I currently work as an IT network engineer as I was told about 2 years ago to stick with my 'backup' plan until the market started to pick up again as demand is not very high. This I did and now I'm looking to take my first steps toward getting to the ultimate goal.

Can anyone recommend a route? I currently hold plenty of GCSE's and have all the important ones too No A - Levels or degree, just professional qualifications (Microsoft / Cisco / Checkpoint) in my current field. I guess this just putts me at a disadvantage and practically rules me out of sponsorship since Maths and Physics at A level, well wasn't really my thing.

So here I am, should I take a PPL and start actually working towards my dream? Where would be best to take it? I've seen the posts on Florida and just though is it a good idea?