PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how to apply for Pilot JOB with CEBU PACIFIC?
Old 29th Jul 2012, 09:34
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cebu is hiring expats now

I just had a chat with an expat that interviewed for an FO position with cebu a short time ago. He had another expat that was working there bring his cv in and he lucked out. He has a 320 type rating but zero time on type. He did have some good time flying the crj jets as an fo.

So, to clear up some misconceptions, yes, as of now, Cebu is definitely looking to hire some more expat fo's and no, you do not need to have actual flight time in the 320. The pay is going to be local pay, the contract is going to be a renewable six month one, and you are going to work hard. You won't get very many take off and landings, you won't get very much time off, and you won't get rich. However, if you view this as another step in the training/experience process, it's a great deal. If you can hang in there for a couple of years, the economy doesn't take a dump, then you will probably be in the left seat, where you will get a lot of take off and landings.

In my opinion, it's an excellent opportunity for a young guy to make the transition from the commuter airlines and into the airbus.

The interview is not a cake walk but it isn't brutal either. Just be able to give a rundown about one or two systems, know the limitations, and the memory items. There isn't any tricks, just normal things you should know anyway.

The simulator is a different matter and when I did mine, it was the most difficult sim check I have ever had. So, if you're serious about your career and are in the same situation as this FO, perhaps getting a few hours of practice in a sim before hand, isn't a bad idea.

The HR department normally doesn't reply to emails so don't be bummed out. If you have what is needed, you'll be considered. Remember, there are hundreds of guys just like you trying to break out of the commuter ranks so prepare and don't give up on it. This pilot job hunting, even in today's climate, is time consuming. Good luck!

PS. For you Filipino FO's from Cebu reading this, don't be concerned over having expats coming on property and taking your job. Without us, Cebu would not be able to expand the fleet and have the equipment ready and waiting for you once you have the hours and experience to upgrade. None of the expat pilots will be in the Philippines long term. They are just serving the purpose of allowing the companies to expand.

Last edited by Jaz and the Fat Man; 29th Jul 2012 at 09:37.