PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 29th Jul 2012, 07:52
muten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will be interesting with the two exam resists. They seem more interested that you have passed all the theory exams than the flying first time. For a good pilot you would think that their criteria would be first time passes on CPL and IR. Most pilots that I know and myself included are not book people, but are good handling pilots. I guess that the exam thing is an easy way to thin down the numbers. The question is why not use the flying passes to thin down the numbers. Any thoughts?
I don't really think it's an issue on how smart you are because you are able to pass the exams first time, in the end you have many different schools and people across europe, so the pass/fail is more about your personal situation or how the school prepares you. Not to forget that you can learn the question bank by heart and you'll be successful even if you are retarded.

My guess is they want first time passers in the TR because you have to study a lot of stuff in a very short time, so it's more like you would be able to do it if you've done it in the past during the atpl, than if you retook a few exams, which somehow I guess it tells them that you went to take the test poorly prepared. So they want to avoid the same situation just in case.