PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2012, 07:48
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How so? What did I write that you believe us exaggerated or untrue?

There's also a show called "Banged Up Abroad". (No pun intended but perhaps quite apt). It's about people, usually young, ignorant & naive, trying to find a short cut to getting what they want. They don't wish to work hard & sacrifice time & effort toward achieving their goal. They do a deal with the devil and only then too late discover the real truths & consequences of their selective stupidity. Their captors are typically highly aggressive, corrupt & act without a care of written laws or other formal signed agreements.

I'd say that show is bang-up your street with respect to the iCadetship you defend. An agreement with a known & proven corrupt, ruthless & deceitful company (refer to price fixing scandals, 49ers court case purgery, CoS 99, CoS 08, sign or be fired tactics, etc) & then held (bonded) for a prescribed time period.......

Guys like Nirak earned their stripes, & along with that earned respect. But I will disagree with one thing he wrote. The iCadetship is no "opportunity" for them per se. It is an opportunity for a money grab by CX management at the expense of ignorant & naive wannabes, plain & simple. And who said a fool & his money are easilly parted

CX iCadets are by no means selected from the best pool of talent out there. They are those left over from those with true experience & credentials who refuse to apply. As has been said before, you're the cheapest option. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 29th Jul 2012 at 07:54.