PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic Union Flag raising - RAF out of step
Old 29th Jul 2012, 04:39
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The NHS sequence was bollocks.
As a non-Brit, my feelings exactly. Britain has much - and I mean much - to be very proud of, (little of which was highlighted in Doyle's [to me, sometimes a bit tedious] offering) but I wouldn't rate the NHS as anywhere near the top of that list. Certainly not high enough to occupy main stage for such a long time in an event such as the Olympics opening. As an auslander, it seemed a very, very political statement aimed squarely at the USA and to support Barak Obama in his current fight with the Republicans over that very issue.

For me, it was a bit like a Chinese meal - pleasant enough in places, but when it was over, it left me feeling a bit dissatisfied.

To get back to the subject of the topic - I couldn't care one whit if Sergeant Whoeverhewas was out of step or not. I'd just like to add my "well done/much appreciated" to every squaddie, sailor and airman who's been called in to save the day - and hope the bastards who dropped the ball on the security contract don't see a penny more than they should get for what they delivered as opposed to what they promised to deliver.