PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damn ! Another PFO... Confidence = nill........
Old 10th Aug 2001, 12:53
NewBloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the boost of confidence from everyone - it's really what I needed. The problem really is I honestly don't know where I'm going wrong - I pass some aptitudes and fail others !? For instance, I got an interview at Oxford last year for BM - aptitudes I felt fine with and they were my first sitting. (Obviously have to practice the interview technique as well !). But most of the others (BA, Cabair) it's like banging my head against a wall !! I wouldn't mind if I could get a stage further each time maybe !! I have many books which I practice from so I do put in the work. I guess it's simply a case of what you do on the day, and even if I do well I'm sure others do just as well and have more experience/PPL etc..(I've only 12 hours). So at the moment I'm going to concentrate on obtaining my PPL whilst still applying to these schemes. Be more fun anyway... It's good to hear from people who have made it via sponsored/self funded/modular routes who have made it - it does brighten up my outlook. So thanks for that. I know It's definitely what I want to do so what the hell - I will try to ignore the ignorant eh !? Anyway, I shall bore you all no longer with my self pity, I'm off to dress up in my finest micro-skirt, red lipstick and stilettos to earn some flying cash down Southampton docks. I'm a bloke by the way but I look good in a wig......

Seriously - A big thankyou to you all.....