PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damn ! Another PFO... Confidence = nill........
Old 9th Aug 2001, 16:17
Floppy Link

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

The idiots who try to drag you down are scared. When you make it they will feel uncomfortable that you went for your dream and succeeded while they didn't have the guts to go for what they wanted. In most cases they don't even know what they want, so they'll veg out in front of the telly waiting for opportunity to knock at the door, and opportunity won't knock unless you know what you want. And when it does knock it comes disguised as hard work...so they go back to their telly and sit on their behinds again wondering why life passes them by.
Then when you have the guts, conviction and intelligence to decide what you want, make a plan to get there, and start on the road...they try to drag you back down to their level because if you succeed you make them feel bad. Well that's just tough - it's their decision!
The Hawaiians have a word called "Ohiki" (I think it's called that, maybe our cousins from the States would correct me if necessary) - Black crabs from Hawaii, if you put them in a bucket they'll clatter around the bottom for a while until one manages to climb up to the top and sees a bright new world out there. What do the others do? Do they climb up and look too, hoping to escape? Do they heck! They pull him back down into the bucket!
Everybody on this planet in 100% responsible for how their life turns out. You having a goal and going for it is a painful reminder to those others that they haven't taken control or responsibility for their thoughts and actions. Pity them and get on with your life. As they say, "obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"

Go for it, and sod the nay-sayers

It's 20 years since I got my PPL, now I'm in a 757/767. We all did it one step at a time - make the first step.

FL

p.s. I only looked at this thread because I thought "why would anybody's confidence be dented by going to Paphos (PFO)" !
Glad I did. Good luck...

[ 09 August 2001: Message edited by: Floppy Link ]