PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damn ! Another PFO... Confidence = nill........
Old 9th Aug 2001, 13:27
GonvilleBromhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

First people at work, sod them, who cares what they think ? Just smile to yourself knowing that one day you will leave them all behind for an office at FL350. Keep that thought in your head, "One day mate, one day..". Sorted.

Second, sponsorships are hard to get (I know I don't need to tell you that), if you get one great, if you don't, don't be too hard on yourself, keep it in perspective yeah ?

Third, work out the cost of the modular route (like a lot of us here), aim to do it a step at a time, save what you can, look into bank loans/Professional Studies, aim to get to a level where you can instruct i.e. no IR required (yet), work your way through.

Fourth, keep plugging away at sponsorships, work at your weaker points, and your age sounds fine, a good few years on your side yet.

Most of all, stay focussed enough to keep plugging away, it is hard, no one will tell you otherwise, but keep at it, you will get there. I'm sure it gets to everyone once in a while, but keep at it, a bit at a time.

...and have a pint too, works wonders.

All the best.