PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Capt's airside/Armed Forces ID bad-Student ID good (Merged)
Old 6th Jan 2003, 10:29
DistantRumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who works sometimes in security (Ok when asked I'll help in a nightclub - 3/4 times in last 6 months).

We ask for ID (mainly for age) in a lot of cases. There are several forged driving licences and National Age cards, and it has been simple for a long time to get forged ISICs (this is Dublin BTW. London used to be easy too back in 1990).
We stay up on the current state of play regarding what forgeries look like from the simple to the reasonably well-done.

Without prejudice to any checkin staff, with any airline I travel with including FR the photo-id check is cursory no matter what airport (Except transatlantic) . It's not their (checkin agents) job to know what the current generation of forgeries look like. They want to take your case and move on to the next punter.

However, The FR employee/handling agent cannot waive the condition without (probably) losing their employment, and MOL probably wouldn't. Reasonableness is not a hallmark of FR

As someone said - got airside by flashing their Costco discount card !

Just my $0.05