PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2012, 01:42
SingaporeAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why SQ didn't send people over to scoot is quite well known isn't it? They "foresaw a requirement" in the near future, so they wanted to have their cake and eat it. What's new?
I don't quite get this, pardon my ignorance. I thought the timeline of events was such that Scoot's recruitment of flight crew and SIA's request for Non-Commanders to take Unpaid Leave was very close together?

As such would it not have made far more sense to ease the bottleneck by leasing/contracting SIA 777 FOs and Skippers across to Scoot?

I really wonder who are the geniuses that make these decisions? If any SIA Management is reading this, I would highly advise you people to take in more Flight Crew into Management Positions. A lot of Pilots are better in the know of the market and/or aviation as a whole as opposed to absorbing in some random banker/corporate guy to fill in positions.

Aviation simply does not work that way. The intricacies of the industry do not just demand but NECESSITATE people in the know to be in the senior/middle management positions.

Again, a humble voice crying the wilderness says to you guys, please stop shortchanging your own fellow citizens and remedy the situation before things get worse.

Look at what is happening to Indian Aviation. SIA has successfully managed to retain a Golden-Age-Of-Aviation Pan-Am like status to date or atleast to a reasonably good extent. Please don't f*** it up for the rest of us right now.\

The folks in the other International carriers are not idiots. They are fast catching up. If SIA does not get its act together, it won't be long before it is nudged out of further routes and markets.

Last edited by SingaporeAirlines; 29th Jul 2012 at 01:45. Reason: Grammar