PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Roma
Thread: Sheraton Roma
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2003, 07:41
SuperRanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can confirm the lost nav bag at the lobby. belongs to a colleague of mine! lost his passport, licence, notebook, pda, the whole works. not a pleasant experience at all. he's now grounded pending new issue of passport.

there was a FA who lost a whole check-in bag, also at the lobby, a few years ago. so my advise, and also to your crew, watch you bags like a hawk!

SR

Oops, forgot to post about the hotel.

Besides Antica Posta, do check out "La Convento". Along the Antica Posta road, just keep going (watch the tarffic!!) for about 1-2km (15mins walk), it's on your right up a slope. Very nice setting, restaurant run by Franciscan Monks.

There is a small township call Eur nearby (bout 20mins walk) where you can find McDonalds, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, etc. The hotel provides shuttle on an hourly basis from Hotel to City. It also passes by Eur, so you can hitch a ride on the shuttle. Don't forget to collect your shuttle ticket from the conceirge.

If this is your first time to Rome, may I suggest you NOT partonise any of those 'fast food' places next to 'tourisy' places like Tre Di Fontana, Spanish Steps, Colossuem or Vatican. Even if you do, make sure your check the prices first. A quick bite could cost you double a full course dinner in a nice restaurant!!

Hope this helps...

SR