PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA needs our help!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2003, 02:09
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh heh.

Well gaunty, since it was me what made you see the light perhaps i should explain.

There was a disagreement as to how multiple year memberships should be treated, as a liability or not. Russell Kelly was Treasurer and he chose to treat them as a liability, ie fund them from within the budget.

Russell did have the support of the majority of the Board, but not all. He took into account his own liability as Treasurer and Secretary and the fact that two of the Board had voiced discontent with his accounting practises and chose to resign.

As I have said on the AOPA forum, Russell always has and always will have my support and friendship. He did a wonderful job for AOPA and we need him back. That said I hope he renominates at the next AGM so we can put the current Board differences behind us.

Regardless of Russell's resignation, current Board practise is to account for long term membership payments. Should that change then I would need to reconsider my position.

So, all you PPRuNers who are members, please talk to Russell, find out from him why he resigned, bear this in mind and vote at the next elections and attend the AGM.

AK