PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Capt's airside/Armed Forces ID bad-Student ID good (Merged)
Old 6th Jan 2003, 00:23
Flame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair I.D....Daft idea or what..!!

O.K, guys..

For what its worth..a few lines from me........................

Photo I.D being required by Ryanair, in my opinion is a good idea, but its the way its being implemented that is the problem. Here in Ireland, and as best I am aware, in the U.K, the company will not accept Police I.D as being valid for travel, yet they will accept a student card. I am aware of at least two students here in Ireland, who have obtained fake Student ID on the web in order to gain access to pubs etc etc.

Those working in the security area at any airport, will be very much aware of the amount of False / counterfeit driving Licences, passports, and other forms of I.D that are doing the rounds, yet..the company will not accept Police I.D...can someone / anyone explain this to me..?

The U.K government is currently studying a security system called "Borderguard" with a view to having all airlines entering the U.K using the system. The very basis of this system is that all passengers will provide photo I.D

Watch this space very carefully over the coming months..more and more airlines will be requiring photo I.D

One must remember, that for flights between the CTA (Common Travel area) between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom, citizens of either country do not need to carry passports with them, all other citizens however, do.