PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2012, 11:08
Squirrel 41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSFfan,

I would politely suggest that LO, Engines, Not-a-Boffin and SSSETOWTF are amongst the best informed and most informative commentators on here - or anywhere else on JSF / UK CVF matters. So, whether you think LO is being a grammar nazi or not, you'd do well to listen to what he has to say.

I skimmed the BOLD ALIGATOR puff piece you linked to - as LO pointed out, it doesn't tell me why, when the USMC is facing a sophisticated IADS that needs stealth on day one / two / three whenever, and US interests are sufficiently compelling that despite the threat, the Marines are going to go in - that the US won't send one of 10 CVN battle groups with all of the associated capabilities offered by a big-deck carrier, which, as LO pointed out include

CVN support?

AEW, without which the best equipped naval force has very little warning against a low-flying aircraft or missile threat. Broadband EA. Refueling to extend range and time-on-station.
To which one could also add organic C4ISTAR, including in effect an organic ACC. Oh, and COD to keep the jets flying - and no, V-22 is not a VTOL C-2.

S41