PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 28th Jul 2012, 08:27
muten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably I'm too old, realistic or stupid, who knows, maybe my parents haven't paid for everything in my life and I have been working my ass in so many ****ty jobs for so long, that even in it's darkest hours (to the date) ryanair seems like a good job (terrible contract conditions, but good job nevertheless).

I think the problem with aviation is that is a career where you have to spend a lot of money to get somewhere, and most of you guys, with all due respect, have barely made it out of the nest and don't really know how is the real world, where most of the people will never make 40K gross a year in their whole life, then you expect just because you are a pilot, you must get a decent job, near your house with your friends and family making a ****load of money... then, welcome to the real world.

People should be aware of what you have said, because you are right, but you have all that information upfront before signing the contract, if you neglect the reality or expect something no one have said, it's your problem, don't cry after. But nothing of what you've said is enough to support the idea of not applying or work for ryr, you still will make more money for a living than the average common person, just because you've paid a lot of money for your education doesn't mean you will automatically get tons of money.

The only good reason to let the opportunity in ryanair go is if you will risk your parents house with a mortgage or something stupid like that, specially these days where no one knows with this crisis how the things will develop (wishful thinking is not an option), but the price for the TR is a bit more than the price for a car, if you can afford a car, make some sacrifice and buy a bike instead, while in exchange you will have your TR and 500H on the 737 a year (while it last, at least)

EDIT: And if you, dear wannabe, are not ready to live in the middle of nowhere, far from everything you know and with poor commuting conditions, then being a pilot is not for you, maybe you haven't notice yet, but an airport is not like a supermarket, you won't find one in every corner, you will have to move near one, and probably "yourvillage airlines" won't be hiring anytime soon, so big chances are that you will live far from home the rest of your life in case you are lucky enough to get a job.

Last edited by muten; 28th Jul 2012 at 08:39.