PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 23:37
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What we have is no proof of what pilots were seeing on the panel. I have seen. "What the ECAM would have looked like...." but we do have proof from the CVR: "we have no indications..."

Let's say Bonin survived, bloody but alive, 227 dead, and he is up for manslaughter. Is the jury PPRuNe? Do we ignore his protests of "We had no indications..." in that case, his testimony would have to be allowed, why is the CVR being ignored?

Way back, because the displays are not saved on DFDR, new guidelines are in place to record the PFD.

Other Airbus wide bodies have had incidents of loss of displays with loss of speeds.

Read the CVR with a synthetic bias toward pilots who were flying an upset jet without instrumentation, and see if the story starts to answer more questions....

Why did Dubois not intervene? If the screens were black, everybody's experience is at par; replacing either pilot in a seat would be bad, they were at the start, Dubois had no clue.

With even a minimum of trust in these three guys, one has got to allow for some mitigating evidence that actually is available, but disregarded?

" I have no vario..." " I don't even have vario?"

Further, it explains the lack of comment, with black screens, what's to discuss?

What could Dubois have been after, "Wait, Autopilot ! ....click....."

I've heard the standard reply, what else could he be wanting from auto?

Mod: this is written by a pilot, to pilots, about pilots, and the report; what say you let this one remain?

Last edited by Lyman; 27th Jul 2012 at 23:50.