PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyEASA, Ormond Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 23:24
StarChaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA

Hi all,

This is exactly the thread I was hoping I'd stumble across when searching for feedback about EASA flight school. However, it hasn't done much to reassure me.

I've started my PPL course here in England and have done a fair few hours and a few exams but other commitments in my life (along with bad weather) have got in the way and my lessons have been irregular and disjointed. So, I've decided to finish up in sunny USA!

I've got to admit that the only reason I'm attracted to EASA is its prices, but I do fear "you buy cheap, you buy twice". I'd rather spend a bit more and have a safer and more enjoyable experience. Couple this with the mixed reviews I have read, I'm not full of confidence.

All this being said, I'm fortunate enough to be in a postion where I'll be visiting Florida at the end of August and will be visiting some of the flight schools too. I'm acutely aware, however, that it'll all be glossy when they're giving me a tour so I'll be keeping my feet on the ground as they deliver their sales pitches.

When I return, I'll post up my findings and let people know where I have chosen and why.

I hope this helps a few people who are in a similar situation to myself!