PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 22:42
Aaron9890

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I meant airlines joining BFS... MON. BE. FR. and VS
Ohhhhh is that a hint :L. I heard BFS where in talks with VS.

I actually upon reflection think EI will be ok in BHD. BE while they will defend their patch, EI is bigger carrier with stronger performance in terms of profitability and BE wont want to waste resources competing for loss making services. I.e. when LGW becomes saturated with low priced seats BE will reduce the schedule slightly and focus on business traveller and onward connections added to its well established name on the route. I.e. people who want to fly BHD LGW know BE is the carrier on the route. EI have to work on that side of it.

EI will be a compelling proposition in terms of price and at this stage in their development they will be extremely reluctant to effectively close another base (granted closing BFS but staying in Belfast market).

EI-BUD
I am not sure, with two airlines doing heathrow surely they will make less compared to being the only airline at BFS?? Same with Gatwick, except most people in N.I will likely go with EZY. Concerning the Sun routes, i think they will do alright but its again the same old same old routes. Since the demand for BMI Baby on sun routes where high, i would expect the same with EI. Again though, surely most people will go to BFS for these routes??

I just dont understand why they would change from 9 secure, profit making routes at BFS to 4 nervy routes, 2 of which already served at BHD. Makes no sense to me whatsoever... I really hope this isn't the end of EI in N.I as i really like them as an airline. Wish they had just stayed at BFS

Last edited by Aaron9890; 27th Jul 2012 at 22:51.