PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Ryanair aircraft declare fuel emergency at same time
Old 27th Jul 2012, 20:39
bakutteh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was speaking to friends on one of the diverted flights ,one is a Twotter pilot and the other a glider..WX was apparrently pretty rotten ,, felt like him to windshear and all sorts on short final before go around ( I dropped in today to see if any incident had been reported based on his account of how hairy the approach got ) . They held for about 30 minutes and legged it for Valencia eventually. Know its beside the point in terms of fuel and whatever but thought i would post.
If what paidworker wrote is correct, it is perfectly legit and professionally kosher. Due to the large numbers of diversions and less than perfect ATC coordination, these FR pilots may have had to play safe and declared minimum fuel. I don't think they had declared " emergency " fuel condition which would have entailed MAYDAY calls. A lousy day it was; in hindsight, they should have taken more fuel, yada, yada, yada...that's Monday morning quarterback stuff. Those pilots will certainly learn from this episode.

Bravo, sarah737 good on you! Those FR pilots would certainly wish that you get to be their chief / management pilot.