PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyEASA, Ormond Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 18:37
Hudson_Hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot factory, we like.

EASA is a "pilot factory" just like many other out there, such as Ari-Ben Aviator, OFT, ATP, NAC and so on. Why do we like them? They are fast, good value for the money, do not baby-sit you and give you the ratings and licenses you need in the most efficient manner possible. I did my PPL there in 21 days in 2005 and paid a record low of 3,000 sterling. Then hour building (50) a few months later, then integrated JAA ATP with FAA CFII/MEI ratings. It was fun and I got what I paid for. In fact, I finished so fast that I even got a $12k refund from them before I left. And I say to everyone who wants to try this place: if you are not going to give this course a 110% attention, dedication and focus, then you will not get through this program. They will not baby-sit you. All the theoretical knowledge is 95% self-study and is completely up to you. If you fail your exams they are not going to lose their sleep over it, be warned. However, if you are serious and adhere to approx 3 hours of flying, 1-2 hours of one to one briefings with instructor (15-20 mins before and after the flight) and study until midnight EVERY DAY, you should be okay. In my class, everyone who was doing this, passed. Everyone who treated this place like a theme park, hit Razzles (local night club) 3 times a week and expected their FI to hold their hand throughout the training, failed. Take a note and beware of your own limitations, not the flight school. All flight schools of this price range are EXACTLY THE SAME.

By the way, want a quality slow-paced non-pilot-factory flight training course with a lot of ground school, lectures, baby-sittings and hand-holdings? Try Embry-Riddle (15 mins drive from EASA). They charge $175k for the same pro-pilot program and it takes 4 years (well you also get a BSc in Aeronautics). Make your choice.