PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA English proficiency test
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 18:31
Jet Blast 007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

DGCA is making a fool of the public.
I had a FAA license with english proficient on it. I got it in 2009 so that means i am good till 2012(class 4).
I went to a DGCA designated examiner,gave the test, paid him 5k and got level 6 proficiency.
Went to DGCA to get it stamped it on my license, but Mr. Vasishth denied saying that there are a lot of people getting their proficiency done by paying and not giving the exams, however he sent me to Mr. Bharadwaj.
I told him the problem.
First excuse "aapne toh waha se flying hi nahi ki". Fortunately i had done my recency from India so could show him my logbook.
Second '' use toh english bolni hi nahi aati". The examiners that were made sat for an exam and there were a panel of three Judges. If they were not up to the mark you shuldn't have had made them examiners.
At last I asked him what should I do. " kuch nahi ghar jao,so jao", this is the reply what i get from the director licensing and training.. Sucha helpless feeling it was. It is a pity that we have such officers protecting our skies.
Went back to Mr. Vasishth, he told me to come later as they still had to decide on the matter, weather to endorse the proficiency or not.
Since then have been there 3 times but no luck.

The last time he told me to do it from CTE Hydrabad , bcoz they will not accept it from anywhere else, unless you are flying for some carrier.

So my advise to you all is to do it from CTE and save yourself so much trouble.

Happy Landings...