PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Jul 2012, 12:20
jeanpaul172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD Holding Pool

Dear all,

I have been following this thread for quite some time, but this is the first time I post something on here.
I graduated from flight school in 2010 and was very lucky to be invited to an assessment with QR in January 2012.
Four months later I got the congratulations e-mail stating that I had to wait for 6 weeks max for the contract, than, about 2 months later I (just like most/all of you guys still waiting for their contracts) received the Talent Pool e-mail.
Now I am eagerly waiting for the promised update and I a m full of questions.
I know that Emirates also has a holding pool, candidates are picked randomly from this pool and the rumour is that after one year of ‘swimming’ one has to re-apply or else their application is not being considered anymore. I also know that Qatar has a similar rule: max 1 year between interview and date of joining. Is there a chance we need to re-apply/ our application is not being considered anymore if we don’t get picked out of the ‘Pool of Talent’ before that 1 year expires?
Besides that is there anyone who has some inside info about the operational requirement? It seems like all applications are on hold at the moment (no contracts send out anymore and also recruitment has slowed down) , any idea when this will open up again?
Let’s hope the end of July update will be here soon..

Goodluck to all, salut!