PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shameful - please give your support
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 06:42
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Beagle - let's hope the JAG leave to appeal doesn't come up with the same decision as the Summary proceedings - which, unless RP were breached - is a properly constituted body. There has been a lot of heresay about the original findings - such as 'there were six colleagues ready to give evidence to his defence' (why didn't they?); ' he didn't break the jaw', 'it was a kangaroo court' &c.

Although the guidance to UKBA has changed - slightly - what I cannot determine (and bearing in mind I went through the same process a few years ago which required me to reveal any military convictions, including summary punishments) is why didn't he apply for citizenship whilst serving and why his marriage to a UK national (with his children being dependent UK nationals) doesn't give him automatic right to abode, as it seems to do for everyone else in similar situations?

Oh, and a minor point to the poor reporting by the Telegraph, Fiji ain't in the Commonwealth at the moment; its membership is suspended.