PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be careful when fishing. This one has a big bite.
Old 27th Jul 2012, 06:34
H2SO4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a thing, and I'm not insulting them either... I just call spade a spade. Once you come to understand the mentality here in the region and accept the fact that this is simply how they are, you adjust your expectations and go from there.
I hope that sailor that opened fire gets a medal and a pat on the back.
"Understanding" the mentality, eh?

A...hooooooooik!

Are you serious?!? Axis of Evil?!?! How many times you got dropped on your head as a baby?!
aaaaww.....Why did you have to say that? You really hurt my feelings. Just because you were born a genius, does it mean that you have to insult us lesser mortals?

Oh, and I love your conclusion about 'glorification of death.' It's a matter of perspective really... whose death? I don't want to see a single American die just to be politically correct in his/her actions. We lost plenty of young men and women to politically correct actions...
Hmmmm. Well, maybe there is a reason why it is called political correctness. War is merely a means of achieving political goals. Some people even say that war is in effect politics. When you say that you don't want to lose an "American" life for the sake of political correctness but it is ok to kill "other" people on mere suspicion and without following the set procedures, then you are in effect saying that "yes, we are trigger happy, and selfish, and hypocrites." And when others get that message, then it becomes very difficult for even the most powerful military to win a war.

it's tough luck that thanks to those who indeed glorify death i.e. suicide bombers and terrorists an innocent person was killed.
How come only non-American civilians have to pay a price for that tough luck? Is it just plain "tough luck" that the young Iraqi generation will not get quality education? Is it just plain "tough luck" that small children are left without parents?, most of whom were innocent people? Is it that easy to justify all that?

You said that terrorists glorify death. Are you calling the people at Hollywood, the US military and American ............... terrorists? Just asking cuz i am unable to figure that out after i was dropped on my head this morning.

Now that i am feeling a little better, i was thinking:

President Bush named three countries among the axis of evil, Iraq, Iran and North Korea. He chose to go after Iraq cuz, lets face it, Saddam was packing lots of WMDs(Wholesome Mineral Deposits). Had he gone after the country that was actually building nukes i.e. North Korea, their "allies" in South Korea and Japan would not be living under a heightened nuclear threat today. All in the name of Freedom, Equality and Justice. God Bless America!

But just curious, why don't you tell me how you would have handled this if no matter what you tried to do, you're getting no response... how could you have gotten a guarantee that this boat wouldn't go BANGGG once alongside the Rappahannock?
Did you see me saying somewhere that i am running a consultancy for the US Navy?

Anyways, i am going to answer that with a question.

How could you have gotten a guarantee that this boat would go BANGGG once alongside the Rappahannock?

And how come the whole world is required to provide "guarantees" to the US? A country which has the most powerful military at its disposal.

Off course the men on Rappahannock deserved a chance too. Why can't a judgement be made on the most probable point(s) of impact(if there will be one) and the crew be asked to vacate that part(s) of the boat?

American lives are no more precious than the lives of others but yes they are most definitely just as precious.