PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No cats and flaps ...... back to F35B?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 06:25
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
F-35 Test Pilot Talk Video

LONG VIDEO - appears to be about one hour duration - on VIMEO is 177Mb .MP4 and yep SLDinfo cannot SPel.

F-35 Pilots and the F-35: A Discussion at Farnbourgh Air Show 2012
by SldInfo.com 26 July 2012

"An overview of the F-35 program from the standpoint of the pilots in the program is provided in the videotape of the session at the Air Show on July 10, 2011

As readers of Second Line of Defense know, we have spent considerable time with F-35 test pilots and F-22 pilots.

We have as well interviewed Colonel Arthur Tomassetti who was one of the panelists.

He is the vice commander of the 33rd Fighter Wing, Air Education and Training Command, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. The 33rd Fighter Wing serves as the home to the Joint Strike Fighter Integrated Training Center, providing pilot and maintenance training for nine international partners.

In the video, the pilots discuss the aircraft and its performance. It is fifth generation in more ways than its stealth characteristics; as we observed aboard the USS Wasp a F-18 pilot in landing the B stated that “this is the easiest aircraft to fly I have ever been in.”"

Sound not available on computer in use but I believe these are good 'quotes from the video'. YMMV.
"A couple of things from the Q&A section:
1. Ship trials included a few VL --> takeoff --> go around --> VL w/o refuel.
2. Hehe... first question from China News Agency was... Do you have a comment on the J-20? I kid you not.
3. Blk 2A more stable than 1B which was more stable than 1A.
4. SRVL and Ski Jump takeoffs this year. SRVL let's them recover about 2-3k lb more and approach 35kts faster. Ski Jump allows for larger loads and saves 150ft of deck run."