PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 20:54
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviewing the BALPA payscales website, I confirmed that even with max commutation, a service leaver (probably AC captain) at 38 would be on more as a FO on completion of training from DAY 1 for both V and BA than staying on as PA, assuming command after 12 years. Not to mention the £90k tax free salary on offer from some ME long haul airlines (awaiting changes to company policy regarding ex mil).

With changes to pensions, this pushes the decision to leave towards option, where most have around the 3000 hours multi jet over 50T that the national carriers are seeking. Having worked it out, it appears the Military is over £200K Net short of what the lowest paying long haul airlines are offering from 38 to age 60, this is based upon earning 5% on max commutation (mortgage payoff?) doesnt include the w@nk that is actuals based allowances, biannual fitness tests, PDRB, RSOI, and the threat of being posted to a desk tour or a 6 month out of area. You would have to be frankly mad to stay in past Option once they screw our pensions.

Unfortunately, "they" have turned a lifestyle into a job, with PUS verbally confirming we shouldnt expect any different treatment to the CS. With the madness of redundancies (some techies are being signed up allegedly a few months after going in tranche one, apparently we are short) I ask again, what is there to stay in for?

Last edited by VinRouge; 26th Jul 2012 at 20:59.