PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 20:11
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry Rev71, but i feel you're missing the point somewhat for those with an offer currently on the table.

The information given to me directly from FAFPS (and i haven't seen this published anywhere, which is why i asked them) is that both the pension and pay scales/schemes for PAS are likely to change as a result of FAFPS. The grandfather rights from AFPS 75 are a given. That was for the first 16yrs' service. This discussion concerns singing up for a for a further 17yrs service with few, if any, terms to go by. From now, only 3 years would be on the current pension, we're talking about the following 14 years of potential service.

It may be easy to say that those contemplating their future should calculate x, y, and z and reach a decision. With both pay and pension up for 'adjustment', how can anyone in this position possibly know hat their x's, y's and z's are??? The reality, however, is that those having to make a decision, do not currently have any certain terms to go by. Let's face it, Manning's hands are tied by the wider changes to AFPS and Pay. Nothwithstanding that, they have made little or no attempt to address these issues - such as offering an additional option for new PAS folk at the AFPS changeover point in case the future is that negative.

Imagine the civilian equivalent - could you imagine anyone signing any contract that whose Ts & Cs only covered minimum work required, but no mention of pay or pension.

Here's hoping for the best for the future.

UG

Last edited by Uncle Ginsters; 26th Jul 2012 at 20:30.