PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 17:19
Aaron9890

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the EI move to Bhd. I have just been checking the BA site for flights early April 13. BA have departures at 6.30, 7.35 and 9.45am. How will EI compete with that with a departure at 7.20am? BA has the early morning times swamped with capacity. At least EI had a different market at Bfs, at Bhd they will have no difference. I know BA could change times, but at the minute the move to Bhd makes little sense. It matters not having low landing fees if your planes are leaving half empty because a larger competitor has more departures. And where are they going to majic up sufficient pax to make Lgw work? 7 flights by BA, 3 with Ei. How will this end?

TB
Really don't understand the strategy behind this move whatsoever. Really poor decision in my opinion by Aer Lingus. Why leave an airport that you are doing fine with and making suitable PAX and profits. I doubt they will even get a chance to start the summer routes at BHD before they bail out. It's a pity because i always saw EI as a good airline, but this move just seems so illogical to me.. BHD are getting a bit desperate now in trying to attract airlines. I hhope Flybe ditch them soon, possibly a move up the road to BFS ???

I can see either RYR , BE or MON joining BFS sometime soon.