PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trial Lesson Today
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 16:28
Kapish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply, been really busy at work with all this Olympic preparations.

The day went rather well, I arrived in plenty of time, was told that the instructor is still flying so there will be a delay which was fine by me.
I met my the instructor, went to a little briefing room, had a little chat about the days event, he showed me a model of the plane which we will be flying, it was a cessna 152. He told me about the controls and some of the cockpit instruments and what they do.

We then went out to the plane, he checked the fuel and some other checks on the airplane. I got in, it was very small inside i must say, and I'm 6"2. The instructor did say If I am going to do my PPL I should do my training in a bigger plane and I agree.

So we then taxied out to the runway, he made a call to the tower and away we go. I was surprised how quickly we got into the air, but it was an amazing feeling I must say and the views over the Buckinghamshire countryside was breath taking.
We climbed to about 2000 feet and level off, I think that was what he said and he did have to make a few more calls to the RAF I think because we were in the controlled zone, rather worrying when he said we could be shot down if we strayed outside the zone etc.

He handed the controls over to me and told me to make a right turn at first and level off and then a left turn and level off. Then he talked me through the trimming procedure, that I found a bit tricky. I also use the rudder pedals too. While flying he pointed out a few landmarks to me, Wembley Stadium, Heathrow Airport, Easyjet hangar at Luton Airport and some other places.
We then made our way back to Denham and made our descend. It was smooth touchdown by him I must say and we taxied back in. Took a few photos, had a bit of a chat and was presented with a certificate of my first flight in the office. I said my thank you's and goodbye and left with a big smile on my face.

Next step for me now is to book some more lessons.

Thank you all for your advice, you guys are great.