PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 14:16
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev 71,

Thanks for your informative post. I think that you have clarified one element for those contemplating going PAS between now and 2015 in that nothing changes and they will hop across to PAS pay scales, which will be protected up to 01 April 2015 (or whenever FAFPS is introduced), and can be drawn after 5 years ROS. From 2015 though the pension becomes career average with everyone else.

However Rev, unlike the current pension calculator which allows Service Personnel to make a fully informed decision on whether to have professional/financial aspirations for a full career and promotion or a PAS career path, no one can make an informed decision.

You say it is quite simple, but I would suggest that until we have formally endorsed pay scales that provide the comparison of current and projected pay and pension and between a full career or PAS, then the majority will continue to plan their exit strategy and/or create the charade that they want a full career (just in case the PAS figures turn out to be significantly lower than going the career route).

The key point being that everyone I know that isn't within the magic 10 years is working on options, hovering over the JPA button, waiting to see the devil in the finacial detail (not the briefing material prose) to compare and contrast their own personal current and future potential financial remenuration.

In the short term (2015-2017) this will not affect this Govt or MOD and will provide the savings demanded by HMT. In the medium to longer term we may look back on this thread with a very different perspective.

Last edited by MaroonMan4; 26th Jul 2012 at 14:25.