Old 26th Jul 2012, 09:22
Reinhardt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Gnadenburg
Major Bob Hollands at the controls....
Who is that guy ?

..dangerous as airline pilots. Especially if they are from non-Western air forces
So much contempt in those words... Listen young man, you can have quite proficient pilots with brown or yellow skins, but that engrained feeling of superiority is so common in your beer "culture"... And by the way, tell the americans about the "non western" Vietnamese fighter pilots in the 60s ...
some are very gifted and stand-outs
Me too, I've met occasionally some good airline pilots...

Originally Posted by flyboy410
Fighter pilots do have a tendency to 'drive' planes more than flying them
One of the most ridiculous assertions I have ever read. If you had flown fighters, even once as a back-seater, you would know what is real flying. Sorry for you ... And after flying thousands of hours in a big cockpit trying not to fall asleep, I came to consider airlines hours a little bit suspiciously (remember, those guys log hours when on the ground, when going to the toilets ot talking to ladies in the galley, even when sleeping in the bunk...)
There's a stark weight and maneuverability difference between a fighter and an airliner!
If you had flown Jaguars at high altitude, or taken off with some heavy-loaded beasts in the desert, you would moderate yourself...
there are some who take it by hand up ... until they're in a stable climb. Usually, the latter are the better pilots qualitatively
Wouah, really, manual flying up to circa 4000 ft AGL, keeping the FD cross bars centered. What an adventure... (in fact I've seen airlines colleagues doing that, and figuring themselves as a sort of Chuck Yeager just after it. Movies should be made of this material)
Every time we meet between ex-fighter pilots, disregarding nationalities, we always agree about the poor level of handling skills and lack of aerodynamic background so common with the "pure civilian" pilots, who paid for their training and have been therefore instructed a minima. Now it seems those people are comforting themselves by talking about more miserable than themselves...

Last edited by Reinhardt; 26th Jul 2012 at 09:26.