PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 25th Jul 2012, 23:53
Esprite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment Campaign (Walk-in/CV submission)
Friday, October 14, 2011

Recruitment Campaign (Walk-in/CV submission)

Now you guys know what you need! If you are ready, why don’t you give it a go?

Honestly, QR has NO STANDARD on selecting people, in my opinion.
It’s all about (YOUR) timing, opportunity and ….. LUCK!

Basically, recruitment campaign is held weekly around the world so go to the nearest country to where you live! It normally starts from 9-12, 9-13, 10-13, it really depends so don’t forget to double check! The recruiters basically come 5-20 mins early so BE THERE at least (I say at least .. people who are late sometimes ARE NOT allowed to get in because there are too many people) 30 mins before it begins because they might give you very important information and they sometimes tell you what they LIKE and DISLIKE, etc. And most importantly you get to know what kind of person they are and you MAY select whom you want to submit your CV to. lol

Today is nothing actually, you just follow what they want you to do, SMILE, be NICE (Hmm, you can be yourself that’s right but remember that you are applying for a (service) job!), behave properly (you are applying for the world’s 5 star airline, you know what you should/shouldn’t do), submit your CV and leave! That is it! (you might have to wait, wait and wait! So make sure that you’ll be ok standing for a couple of hrs because some people faint!!)

Yes, this process is of importance as your VISA will be permitted (whether you can go to preliminary screening or not) at this stage. And as y’all know, people are easily failed! I have seen many people speaking FLUENT ENGLISH but they are failed. And many neatly-groomed-people do not get selected! Why? Beats me cuz I don’t know either. lol Maybe, they are not impressed ?…

What I can tell you is if they LIKE you, then it’s your day.
But if they don’t, althou’ you think you are one of the best candidates/you are ready and excellent enough, you will be asked to come back when you are ready! They always say …

“You guys can come back anytime!”
“It’s not the end of the world.”
“If you don’t get selected today, it doesn’t mean that you are not good but you are not what our company is looking for right now.”
“Improve yourself and you are welcome to come back anytime.”

These are what you will hear during the recruitment campaign so familiarize with them! lol

**These are questions they may ask you when you submit your CV. (There are many more but these are what I know.)

- Hi, how are you?
- What is your name?
- What is your first name?
- What can I call you?
- How old are you?
- When is your birthday?
- What do you do?
- Are you working or studying?
- When will you graduate?
- How many foreign languages can you speak?
- What is your hobby?
- Where do you live?
- What did you do yesterday?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- Is it your first time applying for Qatar Airways?
- Why do you think you were failed last time and what have you improved?
- Why Qatar Airways?
- Where did you hear about Qatar Airways?
- Why do you want to be a Cabin Crew?
- What do you know about our airline?
- What do you know about Middle East?
- Why do you want to quit your current job?
- Do you know who our CEO is?
- Show me your teeth, ears, hands.
- Thank you for coming.

Bear in mind that they check your personality and your communication skill!
Don’t speak too much.
Don’t be too nervous.
Try to break the ice.
Be friendly and professional.
.... and you’ll be fine!

If it’s your day, they’ll invite you to attend preliminary screening which might be held either on the same day or in the following day depending on them.

They always ask you to read the instruction paper for people who are shortlisted – it’s about grooming, venue, time, etc so read and memorize it.

Basically, LISTEN carefully and DO what they ask you to and you won’t miss anything.

Language proficiency and grooming does matter to some of them. But I think your IMAGE, PERSONALITY, and ATMOSPHERE are the most important today! So do WHATEVER that you think might impress them,
be yourself (actually I don’t like this phrase cuz I don’t know how but it really works once you try! lol),
behave properly and ....
BEAR IN MIND that you are applying for a (service) job and it's the world’s 5 star airline!

http://qatarairways-ken.********.com/2011/10/recruitment-campaign-walk-incv.html

Last edited by Esprite; 25th Jul 2012 at 23:59.