PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 25th Jul 2012, 23:51
Esprite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR Application Process (What do I need to do?)
Thursday, October 6, 2011

What do you need? to apply for QR!

1. Ask yourself if you really wanna be a Cabin Crew!

In Korea, people call service job (and construction job) “3D” → Dirty, Dangerous and Difficult! I don’t know if it’s true or not but yeh bear in mind that there is always a glamorous side and … a NOT-SO glamorous side of every job so KNOW it and keep asking yourself at least five times if you really wanna do this.

To me, finding a .. so-called perfect job is impossible because it doesn’t exist, all you can do is; find a job that you can live with .. most importantly it must be a job that you can be patient doing it and you think you can enjoy it no matter how hard it is. Yeh I know it’s easier said than done but you really need to think about it carefully because this might be a turning point of your life^^
2. Once you decide to work in the aviation field, you should RESEARCH not only about the airline, but also the aviation industry and the State of Qatar, the place where you’ll be based.

It helps you understand much more about the airline you are applying for and it gives you a big picture of the whole industry and the country that you’ll be living for a couple of years?, what’s going on there, what you need to have and need to know, what suits you and what doesn’t, etc. It’s not necessary to memorize everything about the company, but yes it’s better if you can answer when you are asked, right? One of my friends was asked “Who’s our CEO? When did he join the QR?” and lucky her cuz she knew it .. and of course she passed the first screening process. Well, this is one of your first impressions! Say … if you have the same qualification with Ms. A, but you can’t answer what the recruiters ask while Ms. A can, you know who they are gonna select! These are websites that I used for researching Qatar Airways and the State of Qatar:

Cabin Crew | Qatar Airways Global (research the company and the way they represent themselves)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/qa.html (everything’s there about the State of Qatar - fairly accurate and many scholars use this for their dissertation)

Qatar Airways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (double check the information pls lol)

http://www.iloveqatar.net/ (very detailed for Expats in Qatar)

What’s more, go to www.google.com and type “Qatar”, “the State of Qatar”, or “Qatar Airways”, you’ll find thousands of info! Enjoy googling! lol

From QR homepage →
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reach for the stars! Join one of the most awarded airlines in the sky.
Do you love travelling and meeting new people? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Are you a team player who would love to be part of an award-winning team?

If your answer is YES, then Qatar Airways wants to hear from you. We are looking for dedicated and energetic individuals to join our multinational, award-winning cabin crew. Apply now to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to travel the world and become a flying ambassador for Qatar Airways.

Requirements
Being cabin crew is not just a job but a way of life.
We invite applications from those who meet the following requirements:

•Minimum age: 21 years → If you are turning 21 in a couple of months, go for it!
•Minimum arm reach: 212 cm (on tip toes) → For male applicants, I think it’d be ok but for female, please be careful because if you can’t reach 212 cm on your tip toes, you’ll be asked to go home at once!
•Minimum education: high school degree → Everyone should have graduated high school by the time you apply for QR.
•Fluent in written and spoken English (ability to speak another language is an asset) → To be honest, not so many people are fluent in both written and spoken English. So don’t worry because English is not only the qualification that they are looking for.
•Excellent health and fitness → Make sure that you are VERY healthy and not coming down with infectious diseases as they take it into account very SERIOUSLY.
•Willingness to relocate to Doha, Qatar → Hmm, this is VERY important because you must LIVE there. Many people say Doha is not for them and simply give up applying and there are many people who can’t stand living in Doha and decide to walk out. So make sure that you’ll be all right living in a conservative, extremely hot, and many “must abide by-rules” country!
•Outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a multinational team → Maybe, this is the most important one! They’ll observe these skills from your performance, interaction, attitude, etc during the preliminary screening and your final interview.

Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package including:
•Competitive tax-free salary → Yes, it's tax-free!
•Fully furnished, shared accommodation with private bedroom → Some get private room!
•Welcome bonus (2000 Riyal) → You'll have to pay them back 1000 if you quit in 1 year.
•Three-year, open-ended contract
•Meal allowances while on duty → Depends on your flights!
•Transport while on duty
•Comprehensive medical insurance
•Life insurance
•Travel benefits on Qatar Airways and partner airlines → 1 free tix and unlimited 90% & 50% rebated tix for you ... and there are for your family members as well (no free tix)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Prepare your “Resume”, “Photo”, “Cover letter”

If you don’t know how to write a CV, google it!
Free Resume Examples| Cover Letter Samples | Resume Writing

What I can say is; keep it SIMPLE, EASY to read (and to get the required info) and your CV (work experience, education background, etc) SHOULD relate to the industry! Definitely, it should be UPDATED, PRECISE, and HONEST.

Well, I know many people are trying to appeal by writing everything they have experienced but honestly some of your extracurricular activities might not interest them, so pick up the most interesting and appealing one! Remember that they spend no longer than 1 min going through your CV when you walk in! Double check spelling, grammatical errors, and EVERYTHING – you can ask your friend to do it for you as s/he might notice something that you don’t.

For photo, you need 1 recent passport-sized photograph on a plain (avoid white) background and 1 recent full-length postcard-sized photograph (business attire) on a plain (avoid white) background.
Photo Format: stand facing the camera, feet together, hands relaxed by the sides and a warm open smile!

For cover letter, it’s not mandatory. I used to submit a cover letter but some of the recruiters didn’t even look at it while some read it carefully so decide it yourself! lol

4. Check the recruitment campaign schedule!

Cabin Crew Events | Qatar Airways Nigeria

From the QR website:
You are most welcome to attend our open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations WITHOUT any invitation letter. Please note that all expenses incurred by you to attend any recruitment campaign will not be the responsibility of Qatar Airways. Short listed candidates will be required to attend further interview processes over the next two or three days.

What to expect
If you want to meet us, please make sure to be on-time, wear business attire and be yourself.
Ladies - Knee length skirt and short sleeve blouse. Hair neatly tied back.
Gentlemen - Business suit with neck tie
We are looking for candidates with good interpersonal skills that raise to our 5-star service level.

*Double check the City, Country, Date, Time, Location, and Event type! Sometimes they recruit female only and occasionally recruit only the citizen of recruitment country! Be very careful.

5. Once you have all the required documents and info in your hands, APPLY online (if you wish to)

Again, this is NOT necessary. You DO NOT have to apply online.
You can only bring your CV, 2 recent photos, and your confidence to the recruitment campaign and that IS enough. (According to QR Homepage, “You are most welcome to attend our open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations WITHOUT any invitation letter.” 2011/10/06)

But for people who want to get an invitation email from QR, you might apply online.
What you’ll get is the information of the recruitment campaign and that’s it.

I used to apply online just to make myself feel relieved but I NEVER passed the recruitment campaign that I applied online … haha

Now you know what you have to do, why don’t you give it a go? Be ready!
Opportunity never knocks twice!

I’ll come back with the tips and what you have to do on the open day later on!

Fingers crossed!

http://qatarairways-ken.********.com...cess-what.html