PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fayair
Thread: Fayair
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2012, 16:48
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has certainly been rumoured (for a while now) that Fayair may go head-to-head with Air Harrods but whether this rumour is based on anything resembling accuracy I know not.

If they remain in the corporate sector (which would seem obvious) I do wonder about the continuing suitability of that glorious helicopter .. the S76.

As I have said before .. I believe the corporate market will increasingly lean towards a "4 x 2" interior layout where two or three seats are offered behind the traditional four-place club arrangement as a growing proportion of the clientele traditionally served by the S76 are looking to accommodate their 'flunkies' and/or security .. on board.

If Fayair do set up as a new helicopter operator then one must assume that aircraft management will be their initial objective as S76 charter availability is fairly well covered by Air Harrods and Premiair in the south and by Haughey Air and Cardinal in the north and Midlands.

How I wish Sikorsky had reconsidered the development of the 'D' model to incorporate a stretch which could have accommodated an extra row of seats!