PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson 737 lands on taxiway at Paphos?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2012, 15:16
PPRuNeUser0178

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Westie I am that perfect pilot you have been dying to meet, I never make mistakes and caps are not made big enough to cover my knoweladgable brain.

Despite the matter that all I reported was based on nothing more than my experience of flying into PFO when I am usually surrounded by a large proportion of the Thomson fleet you have some how deduced that I am attacking my fellow pilot?

I reported nothing more than facts observed by me into PFO. Often I find myself in between Thomsons who have gone visual at an early stage and when I turn in to the ILS the viz has been crap.

This incident happened and unlike others I am not asking how on earth they could have made such a mistake, but I do see a trend of visual approaches into PFO from this particular airline, FACT, and the low sun causes issues FACT, a Thomson a/c landed on the taxi way FACT. Am I incapable of making a mistake, make them every day, FACT. Knowing the problems with PFO I pointed out how I tackle it to prevent such mistakes iny operation having learned from others missfortunes and advice FACT.

If passing this on in trying to answer the questions about why this continues to happen and what we can do about it harms you I can only assume you have a fragile ego and don't take well to a bit of frank discussion that learns from others experiences.

The guys involved in this will probably have done much sole searching as to how they possibly could have done this. We try to break the chain of events, this event may well have commenced at the point "tell them we are visual" was muttered in the flight deck or it might not have.

Either way it gives us all the opportunity to learn from it and I am grateful for that, you clearly want to pick a fight.

I would suggest your post has said more about you than mine did about me.

Thank you for reminding me why I never post on here much these days though.

My children could have provided me with the response you did.