PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)
Old 25th Jul 2012, 12:18
Mike Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had a lot of communications with the Eurocontrol Small Emitter people trying to get the figures for our aircraft (Learjet 40XR) correct.
Using the original tool we were using more fuel than our big brother Learjet 45XR
I found they just looked on the FAA website and found that the 40 and 45 had the same Type Certificate, the fact that the 40 is lighter and has no APU was not taken into account and they were lumped together. To give them their due they did eventually take this on board after I explained about Type Certificates and different models plus real figures from our flights. They basically did not know. It is now not great but much better than before.

For those coming under the UK you could try sending something to
Red Tape Challenge - Aviation or e-mail
[email protected]
Closes tomorrow (Thursday) but I only knew last week.

I did a couple of memos on ETS and EASA. They will have absolutely no effect, but after a rant and a cup of tea I felt better

How to explain the Registry to our Financial Diretor and accounts is the next problem - still too far for retirement to be an option.

Mike Echo