PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Survey results
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2012, 11:05
ampclamp

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
1/ I know nothing about the directors and where their hearts lie.But...the fact they continue to pull good money whilst overseeing really damaging tactics tells me a lot. At that level you are on the same song sheet or you find another gig. Has anyone of them broken solidarity? Nope. So they all agree with choice of CEO and his tactics.

2/ Poor decisions people have expressed include....
choice of aircraft and config mistakes ;
industrial warfare over genuine, open negotiations;
grounding the airline rather than talk sensibly.No industrial action caused so much pain or required such a response;
the continued Sydney centric operation adding to its demise;
drawing a line in the sand domestically and throwing capacity at it in a price war but doing the exact opposite internationally where they are rapidly becoming insignificant by design;
what other CEO continually down talks his assets like AJ does with the international operation? What other CEO has personally attacked his front line staff or done so via his PR rep?
A well known business saying "Culture Eats Strategy" the corporate culture at the Q is appalling.The strategy aint too good either so far;
AJ said a long time ago he would cut the levels of reporting A few extras layers that I can see;
announcing Asian ventures then see them quietly fall over.;
closing Tulla heavy then closing Sydney workshops and sending them to Melbourne;
closure of the engine shop that very likely could have saved several hi profile and no doubt expensive engine blow ups.
Talking the talk but not walking it...the ridiculous engagement surveys and pretending people are actually "engaged". I dont think many would disagree Q needs big changes. The utter failure of the exec team to engage their staff to have the majority of them pulling in the same direction is a big mistake or poorly designed tactic costing a vast mount of money. You cannot succeed in this business without having your people onside.

Last edited by ampclamp; 25th Jul 2012 at 11:06.