PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2012, 11:04
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely you wouldn't put me through both sets of torture in one sitting...Worrals....
A dear relative defected from Sunny Queensland to Cronulla and I've been rubbishing her ever since the show was first mooted... The pity is that Cronulla is actually a lovely place and I was secretly jealous. You have to punch where you can...

Agreed, blow.n.gasket.
Raise you one with the remixed version, which would have worked better than the existing soundtrack. They could have played the irony, which is the current fashion in advertising...
What's funny is talking to Yanks and recent visitors to Yankland, the home of advertising. Apparently over there, premium advertising is dead. No-one cares about premium anymore; the key word is 'exclusive'. You sign on to a website, you get text updates about where a cool restaurant might be, you spend half the night trekking through New York alleys reading updates on your phone, end up in a phone booth with a number to call, disappear into an unmarked basement and there's the restaurant. They do pizzas, but they're pizzas other people Haven't Heard Of. Special pizzas...

Yet again, Qantas miss not only the boat but the schedule for the boats' arrivals and departures. Running a text message club with exclusive entry to the Chairmans' Club would have been cheaper and more effective...the inhabitants might have objected but they're mostly pollies and ex board members who don't pay for their seats anyway...

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 25th Jul 2012 at 11:18.