PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2012, 10:46
Fil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't this whole thread but to my knowledge BA have always liked having a cadet entry program.

It (certainly in the past) allows them to select the candidates they want, not those who can afford to pay for the cost of the course up front.

It allows them to easily fill short haul FO slots which some DEP's can be reluctant to accept as they're 'LH or nothing'

Generally cadets will make happy pilots. And I only say this in reference to the fact that most cadets join young, accept juniority, progress either SH Capt or LH FO, but most will get the chance to enjoy their last years as a LH captain. Often DEPs can't get enough time in BA to achieve LH commands (due the cadets). ****I'm not saying DEP's aren't happy, just cadets usually get a better career path****

BA can teach them to be...well, Nigels... Like it or not, agree with it or not, BA will always like it's pilots in a certain way and cadets have less to unlearn.

I'm not against DEP's/ex Mil etc at all, but I'm just putting forward a few points as i why I believe BA will continue with a cadet scheme (as well as direct entry of course) in answer to some who question why.