PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be careful when fishing. This one has a big bite.
Old 25th Jul 2012, 06:56
PukinDog

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
Ex A380
I am amazed at the vitriol I have received for expressing a view point on my position. I have even received threatening PMs from Americans.
Oh come on, you aren't really amazed. It's the type of response you want. Members of the Peanut Gallery always seek some sort of recognition, even if it is vitriol.

My theory of why there's so much America-obsession laced critisism among the ranks of Ozzies, Brits, and Kiwis is that there was so much young American GI DNA deposited (and willingly accepted) into their domestic gene pools during the 1941-45 war years that now courses through their veins and they live with the frustration of not being able to just come right out and say or obtain secretly-harbored desires; to own a Colt .45 if they want to, to grab a Maccas Big Mac and eat it while driving an SUV and not care a rat's butt what the neighbours think, and to be able to look up at the moon and say to themselves "Yup, we went there..a bunch of times".

So my fellow Americans, hold a smidgen of pity for the holier-than-thou when they go into their "We are responsible citizens of the world and are a blessing for the unwashed when we are abroad, not you, you provincials" or "We know more about your country than you do" modes. Don't get mad when they lash out from the cognitive dissonance created by the American DNA in their systems because it's actually a form of attention-seeking and compensation for the self-loathing any bastard child would feel. So instead of getting mad, just remember that no matter whether at home or in whatever corner of the world they try to retreat to, Coca-Cola and the moon are there too, laughing at them for you.