PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be careful when fishing. This one has a big bite.
Old 25th Jul 2012, 03:41
tbaylx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call it what you want, but approach any military naval ship in the gulf, be it USN or otherwise and you are going to get a reaction that will not end well for the approaching ship.

Always been tension in the gulf, as long as they have idiots that like to spout off about wiping other countries off the face of the map, then there always will be and fishing boats would be best to take that into account. Small consolation prize saying " well 7 days, the dubai police chief and H2SO4 think I had the right to navigate wherever i please, too bad i'm all full of 1/2' holes". Amazing how most days the USN and the fishing boats manage just fine to avoid each other and then they just randomly open fire without any warning whatsoever on a boat according to the Dubai Police.

If i was force protection, i'd rather err on the side of protecting my ship than explain why i got a bunch of my fellow sailors killed cause i didn't stop the fishing boat that ignored warnings and then blew a hole in the side of my ship.

Don't know what countries all you monday morning quarterback critics come from, but hell yeah if there is a country that i'd want to champion freedom and democracy then the US would be somewhere near the top of the list..and before you jump all over that, no i'm not from there, just appreciate what they do for the rest of the civilized world most of the time.

Last edited by tbaylx; 25th Jul 2012 at 03:52.