PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2012, 23:15
Macroderma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about Ian Lovell ?????

To summarise,

A young woman calls Archerfield Airport and asks them to recommend a safe operator for a joy flight
she is refered to Hempel Aviation Pty Ltd who advertise on their website that they provide joyflights in a Yak for a fee
she books a flight as a birthday present for her partner Ian Lovell
She pays for the flight by credit card and gets a receipt issued by Hempel Aviation Pty Ltd.

during the flight Hempel, a well known (to CASA and also to an awfully large number of commercial and private pilots around Australia it seems) epileptic, who had previously had his commercial pilots licence cancelled by CASA because of his head injuries (incurred when a hangar door fell on him) crashes the plane killing an innocent passenger, Mr Ian Lovell.

when the bodies are recovered from the wreckage on the seabed, the Police find a gift certificate made out to Mr Ian Lovell, issued by Hempel Aviation Pty Ltd, in Hempel's pocket.

how dare these snivelling, shiny arsed, back covering, prevaricating, self seeking, hypocritical, ba***rds at CASA say this is NOT a commercial operation !!!

how dare they claim that this justifies them NOT investigating the crash!

how dare they refuse to assist the Queensland Police Service!

what am I missing, we have a contract, we have valuable consideration, and we have goods supplied, if this is not a commercial arrangement what is it?

or are CASA now redefining the whole law of contract ??

I have to stop now before I get really worked up and start saying what I really think about CASA!

Macca