PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)
Old 24th Jul 2012, 22:10
Chinchilla.612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4HolerPoler,

Firstly congrats on the approval for your monitoring plan. Just out of interest though, is that the old style monitoring plan or the new one which comes in from the end of July this year? I had an email from our incompetent authority to expect the new style forms to be available for completion online around the end of July.

Despite initially being allocated to Greece, just after we completed our first emissions report (after verification) the EU decided to change us over to Germany. With their very own way of completing everything and their own online only forms I was forced to restart the entire process from scratch with only one week left till the submission deadline. Got to love the way they disorganise everything!

I have been working on the holding account problem for a few months now with the German authority demanding all kinds of things as you describe there. Unfortunately a lot of what they request is simply not available from our country of operation so progress is particularly slow on this as I have to keep reverting to them in response to each of their suggestions. E.g. "no I have not been able to pursuade the government here to do xxxxxx just in order to satisfy your requirements, perhaps you could liaise through your embassy and see if you have more luck with this?"

The German response to our query about appointing a proxy or trader to complete this on our behalf was that it had to be done by the entity for whom the aircraft was recorded with EuroControl. So if your EuroControl bills go to Universal you're onto a winner.......if, like us, your EuroControl bills go to yourselves as the operator then not so much! Unless of course, the authority you are administered by has a different interpretation of the rules (as each member state is doing it their own way!).

If you come across an easier way to deal with all this nonsense please get in touch, and that goes for anyone else with tips to share too!

Finally, to put it into perspective - in 2011 we produced a grand total of 106 tonnes of CO2 within the trading scam area which was spread over a total of 17 afflicted flights............