PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)
Old 24th Jul 2012, 21:11
4HolerPoler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragged our heels as much as possible but finally have an approved plan. Whoop-dee-doo!!

Within two days of the approved plan skimming into the Inbox I have received another letter from these toss-pots informing me that:

"Dear Operator, As you may be aware you are required to open your Aviation account within the CSEUR (Union Registry)."
The reality of completing the onerous requirements to have an "Aircraft Operator Holding Account" is eye-watering. Full disclosure on the "Authorized Representatives" including a copy of my passport (all pages are required - are they mad? - I have a 50 page passport), a criminal record check, proof of permanent residential address (I don't have one, I'm a corporate aviator) and then the quirky Proof of Name requirement - the same 50 page passport will suffice. And I need a minimum of another "Authorized Representative" - the bureaucrats really have us bent over a barrel on this issue.

We're a corporate aviation department; have no interest in signing up to trade carbon credits - please tell me that there's someway around this - surely we can use Universal or Jet Aviation or the like to act as our proxy or appoint a trader to act on our behalf.

There have been many stumbling blocks on this seedy road but this is a big one; my corporate & legal folk are never going to go with this - any suggestions?