PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2012, 19:57
mynameisjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well attitudeFlying, you seem like a nice enough guy. To be totally honest, a lot of young Indian Nationals (I emphasize this) who are getting into this business seem to have a very big problem with their sense of entitlement and large egos.

Just a few posts back we had one coming in here acting like all Indians were God's gift to aviation.

My training partner during my PPL stage was from India and boy did he make an impression during our first flight when he let go of the control wheel when the wheels touch the ground. This after he claimed that his experience flying RC planes made him a good pilot.

A friend of mine had an Indian sim partner who insisted on following procedures recommended by his Indian friend, procedures which later got them screwed over by the Head of Training at our company and earned them a repeat for that lesson. This despite numerous attempts by my friend to point out that those procedures were nowhere to be found in the standard Boeing procedures.

So yes, Indians tend to have a bad reputation. Whether or not it will be a hindrance to you is entirely up to you. Do you think you're God's gift to aviation and think you're better than everyone else? Are you stubborn as a mule and won't take criticism? If not then you're good to go.