PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2012, 16:42
SingaporeAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have lots of Singaporean Indian pilots flying for our national carrier. Singapore Airlines itself was founded by an Indian so being an Indian (ethnically) is no issue in Singapore as long as you have served the country's military and you are a local Singaporean.

In fact if you read the article about the A380 Pilot who complains about excess foreigners and discrimination against locals in a local blog, you would realize that that gentleman himself is an ethnic Indian.

We do not howeve condone SIA hiring India Indians when he have an ample amount of talent in Singapore itself.

Moreover, the attitude of many Indian foreigners in Singapore, recently, is, for lack of a better word, wanting. But that is not a topic of discussion here in PPRuNE. If you have Singaporean friends you can ask them how they truly feel.

Lastly, I don't understand why you would want to leave a country of 1 billion+ with the world's largest middle class (projected 600million in a few years) to work somewhere else. They will give priority to their own citizens.

If Aviation in India is really that bad, stay there and make things better instead of saturating the already saturated aviation job market in developed nations.

Sorry if I came off rudely but you were looking for an honest opinion. This is quite honest I think.