PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2012, 11:10
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aviate1138,

On the assumption you've got a good backup (you should be doing regular backups anyway, irrespective of computing platform !) then I would say go for it. If you're worried, run it in a VMware instance for a few days.

The last few OS releases from Apple have demonstrated great improvements from release to release (I class "improvements" as performance and important functionality, mostly under-the-hood stuff rather than any secondary bells and whistles in the GUI). The present 10.7 is my favourite release to date.

Although I had official access to the 10.8 release well ahead of time, I hardly used it apart from in a Vmware instance for a few hours to provide feedback to a section of the Apple development team with feedback to confirm whether a couple of minor bugs and enhancement-requests I'd reported for 10.7 had been squashed and/or introduced in time for the base 10.8 release. Plus it wouldn't be right to build opinions based upon pre-release software which by nature is expected to be buggy in places.

Last edited by mixture; 24th Jul 2012 at 11:17.