PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education Fatigue?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2003, 15:55
McD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FREDA -

I completely understand that a computer science degree can be so un-inspiring at this point. I was in a similar situation many years ago .. over halfway through my degree in Computer Science (go figure ) I absolutely KNEW that I only wanted to fly, and that I had NO desire to pursue any career field relating to computers.

However, I continued and finished the degree (for a lot of the reasons stated above, as well as some other reasons), and I'm glad I did.

Even though I have been employed as a pilot continuously since Uni, my degree has benefited me in many intangible ways. And, it is always something I can build upon if for some reason (medical, etc.) I lose my ability to fly in the future.

Try thinking of it as a "character building exercise", to help motivate you to finish. Do your best to re-develop an interest in the subject matter, as if it were a final hurdle you must cross before you become a pilot. Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel (don't focus on it; just know its there) and stay with it - you'll be glad you did in the long run.

Good luck!