PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 18:45
Chiba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Monkeyz, are you an instructor? heee... 5000ft ya..

Hey guys, certain things are beyond our control I guess. I am referring to national policies, SIA recruitment policies, current economy, profit performance of the airline, etc. We just need to bang on those which we can control in order to improve our chances to get into SIA. I think those which we can control we shall do it to our very best. Lets look at what we can control :
interview preparation
interview performance
..haaa.. I guess that's all. What we cannot control at the point of submitting an online application for cadet, apart from what I listed above :
our academic background
our/any flying background(ya, we all know, this doesn't have an impact of whether we can up our chances of impressing the interviewers)
our personal career background so far
..and after 2nd interview is cleared, what we also cannot control :
our medical results by CAAS, SIA medical panel ultimately saying ok to us

So, in my humble opinion, going back to our fundamentals, as long as we meet the interview pre-requisites, submit an application, and upon obtaining an interview opportunity, prepare well and perform to our best for our interiew. The rest of the uncontrollable points its really up to SIA to determine everyone of us clears that. This may be different for different candidates. Then it will be outcome for us, offer/rejection after all the interview(s).

Well, I guess life's unfair and cruel indeed, we can only try our best, many times life requires someone to do other jobs as well, if not, who will fill those other positions right? I feel that as much as we can discuss about the non controllable stuffs, we can only hope that someday, someone, can correct those flaws that we believe could be inhibiting our chances to get into the airline. So guys, wait patiently for the recruitment to open again and I am sure once the gate's open, there's no stopping everyone of you to apply! Good lucky.