PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helios Crash
Thread: Helios Crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 17:20
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letter to MP

I have just received the reply to the letter I sent to my MP on this subject, it is clear that the Forieign & commonwealth office are well aware of this case.

They are also insistent that the UK can't block a European arrest warrant despite the fact that the judgment flys in the face of both EEC and UN mandates on the subject of using accident investigation data in criminal procicutions.

What I do however read between the lines is that the UK and other states in the EEC are more than a little unhappy with the legal process in this case and are putting diplomatic pressure on the Greeks to review this case in the light of the evidence that they clearly failed to understand the first time around.

I also think that the Greeks are truly baffled by the fact that there has been so much interest in the case, as far as they were concerned they had banged up someone so the case was closed.............and now they find themselfs at the sharp end of a lot of very well directed criticism and they now have to find a face saving way out or things will just get worse for them.

I can only urge all of you to write to your MP's as each letter puts just a little more pressure on the F & C office, and that will in turn be felt in Athens.

It would also be helpfully if those not in the UK made representations to their Euro MP's as the Greek problem is not just a UK problem but one the whole of Europe needs to get a grip of.